It is located next to Yıldız Park in Beşiktaş, at the Yahya Efendi dead end and on the right. It was founded by Şeyh Yahya Efendi in 1538.
It is located on the right side of the Yahya Efendi cul-de-sac next to Yıldız Park in Beşiktaş. It was founded by Sheikh Yahya Efendi in 1538. The lodge is a complex consisting of a mosque, a tevhidhane, a madrasah, a bathhouse, a cemetery and various houses. Different spaces have been added to the lodge over time. This has made the structure complex. Another feature of the lodge is the close relationship between the architectural structures and the natural environment.
Yahya Efendi Lodge was affiliated with the Sufi school called Üveysi during the time of Yahya Efendi, who was the post-nasheed. Later, the lodge became affiliated with the Qadiriyya and Naqshbandiyya, but the influence of Üveysiyya continued.
The tomb of Sheikh Yahya Efendi, whose funeral prayer was performed by Sheikh ul-Islam Ebussuud Efendi in the Süleymaniye Mosque, was built over his grave by Selim II, who had great love and respect for Yahya Efendi. It was built by Mimar Sinan on a square plan with a single dome. In addition to Yahya Efendi, his wife Şerife and mother Afife Hatun, his son Ali and other sheikhs and some sultans are buried in the tomb.
Mahmud II, Abdulaziz's mother Pertevniyal Sultan and Abdulhamid II had the tomb repaired. The inscription on the tomb's door, dated 1290 AH, indicates that the tomb was repaired by Pertevniyal Sultan in 1873.
In the past, Beşiktaşlı Yahya Efendi would see off Ottoman sailors who went on expeditions from the hill where his lodge was located.
canımın cananı yahya efendi ..
10 numara 5 yıldız bir yer...